To keep a record of the student’s attempt, but still allow them to resubmit the test or assignment, use the Ignore Attempt feature.
- The ignored attempt and submission data will remain in the Grade Center. Please note that assessments marked as “Ignored” may still appear in the Needs Grading window.
- Ignored attempts are not included in Grade Center calculations.
- You can choose to revert an attempt’s “Ignored” status at any time.
Ignoring an Attempt
- Navigate to the course Grade Center.
- Locate the cell containing the student’s attempt and click the cell’s contextual menu chevron.
- Click View Grade Details.
- Navigate to the Attempts tab. This is the default tab when accessing the page. Locate the Actions column and click Ignore Attempt.
After clicking the Ignore Attempt button, the submission will be marked as Attempt Ignored. The student can then resubmit their test or assignment.