Each time a new column is created in the Grade Center, either automatically when creating an assessment in Blackboard, or by manually creating a column, the new column is added at the end (all the way to the right) of the Grade Center columns. You can reorder the Grade Center columns to group them so that they make the most sense to you and your students. Most instructor choose to group the columns chronologically, though some choose to group columns by assessment type (all the assignments together, all the tests together, etc). You can reorder the columns in your course's Grade Center by using the Manage and Column Organization feature.
To reorder your Grade Center columns:
- Navigate to your course's Full Grade Center.
- Hover over Manage.
- Click Column Organization.
- All of the Grade Center columns are listed on the Column Organization The columns listed from top to bottom on this page appear from left to right in the Full Grade Center.
- To reorder a column, click and drag the four-headed arrow to the left of the column you want to reorder either up or down.
- When you have reordered the columns in the way that you want them, click Submit or your changes will not be saved.
- You will be taken back to the Full Grade Center.