Grade center columns can be manually created for any assessment or activity which does not use Blackboard tools. Assignments that are handed in during class time is an example. Feedback can still be given to students electronically and you’ll have a backed up, and automatically calculated, grade book. Students can also easily keep track of their progress throughout the course when all assignments are included in the grade center.
To create a manual Grade Center column:
- Navigate to the Course Management Menu. Click Grade Center and then Full Grade Center.
- Click Create Column.
- Type a name for the column. This is the name of the grading column that students will see in the My Grades section.
- Select a Primary Display option from the menu.
- Select the Category of the assessment. This helps organize your grade book, groups scores, and makes it easier to create a weighted grade column.
How to create grade center categories
- Type the total number of points a student could receive for the assessment in the Points Possible box.
- If a rubric is used to grade the assessment, click Add Rubric.
- By default, the new grade column is included in grade center calculations and is shown to students. If you would not like the column to be calculated or visible, select the No option.
- Click Submit.
A new Grade Center column has been created and the new column will be located at the end of your list of Grade Center columns.
Learn more about manual columns and grading schema.