The Course Menu is part of all Blackboard course shells. It is always located on the left side of the page. You and your students can use it to navigate to different portions of your course.
You can easily navigate between Course Menu items by clicking the links / buttons.
There are several Course Menu items that will appear in your Blackboard course shell from the first time you access it:
- Announcements - Send timely information to your students about your course such as "Class is cancelled tomorrow." The announcement will be posted in your course, and you can have a copy emailed to each of your students.
- Syllabus - You are required by the College to post a copy of your syllabus on this page. Instructions for posting your syllabus are included on the Syllabus page.
- Instructor - Post your contact information and a little information about yourself. You can also include your photograph and a link to your website.
- My Grades - Where students access their grades. Students can only see their own grades. They cannot access the Full Grade Center in the Control Panel.
- Send Email - Email all of your students in a course, individual students, or groups.
- My Email@dupage.edu - A link for students to access the student email system. This link will not take you to the faculty/staff email system.
- Library Resources - Link to the College of DuPage Library website.
- Blackboard Help - Link to an IT-created page of resources for students and faculty to assist them in the use of Blackboard.
- Follett Discover - Link to indicate which book you have adopted for your course. Note: Your requirement to use this link may vary by academic division. By default, students cannot see this link.