You can use Blackboard's Teaching Style options to change the course theme (color scheme) of your course, to change the look of your Course Menu, and to add a banner image to the top of your course. You may want to change your course's theme to reflect your discipline, or you may want to make each course shell a different color so that you can easily distinguish between them.
To access the Teaching Style options, click Customization in the Control Panel, then click Teaching Style. The options available in teaching style include:
- Course Entry Point - You can change the first page that students see when they access your course in Blackboard. The default is the Announcements page.
- Course Theme - Explore and select a color scheme for your course.
- Menu Style - You can change the look of your Course Menu, including the color, and whether the items on the menu appear as a list or buttons.
- Content View - Changes whether each content area is labeled with just an icon, the name of the content area, or both. The default is to display both.
- Banner - You can choose to upload an image that will display at the top of your course shell. A recommended image size is indicated in Blackboard.