The total points in your syllabus and the total points possible in the Grade Center Total Column should match. You can check this alignment using Manage Column Organization in the Grade Center.
- Have a copy of your course syllabus, outlining points for all assessments, available. It can sometimes be easiest to print out a copy of the syllabus to do this check.
- In the Control Panel, click Grade Center.
- Click Full Grade Center.
- Above the Grade Center columns, hover over Manage and click Column Organization.
- Locate the Total row on the list.
- At the far right of the row, you will see Points Possible for the total grade in the course. Does this number match the points possible listed in the syllabus? If they match, skip to step 8.
- Compare the value in the Points Possible column with the points for each corresponding assessment listed in your syllabus. When you determine which assessment needs to be corrected, return to the Full Grade Center view to edit the points possible value within the assessment. The value cannot be changed in Manage Column Organization.
- Click Submit or Cancel to exit Manage Column Organization.