To communicate with students throughout the term outside of the classroom, you can post Announcements in your Blackboard course shell.
An Announcement can be used when you want to send a reminder to students; "Remember we'll be meeting in the Library tomorrow."
To post an Announcement in your course shell in Blackboard, follow these steps:
- Click Announcements on the Course Menu.
- Click Create Announcement.
- Type a subject for your announcement (think of this like the subject line in an email).
- Type your message for students in Message.
- You can choose to have your announcement emailed to all your students in addition to posting it in Blackboard. Check Send a Copy of this Announcement Immediately to do so.
- Click Submit.
Note that sending an announcement from your course shell only sends the announcement to students in that section of the course. There is a way to send an announcement to students in multiple courses or sections at the same time using Qwickly.