An image or visual representation of a concept can be very beneficial to students in your course. You can add images to many locations in your course, including in an Item.
After being sure that you are complying with copyright laws, you can upload an image in your course:
- Navigate to the location in the course where you want to add the image. You can add an image to any Content Editor.
- Click Insert/Edit Image (it looks like a tiny image of a landscape).
- Click Browse My Computer.
- Navigate to the image file on your computer.
- Click Open to attach the image.
- In the Image Description field, type a brief description of the image. This is referred to as "alternative text" or "alt text." When students hover their mouse pointer over an image, they will be able to see this text. This is important for students who are blind or have low vision (a screenreader will read this text to describe the image to them) and for students who have a slow computer or internet connection for which an image would load very slowly.
- Click Update
- After adding any additional information, click Submit to save your uploaded image and any additional content.